Comments

'And finally, not everyone’s being doing topical. In fact, here’s the rather lovely 6 Oxgangs Avenue devoted to the history of the development of the area, this week highlighting how the block of flats came into being. Could have been prompted by Who do you think you are? Or just a timely reminder that not everything worth blogging about is in the here and now.'

Kate Higgins, Scottish Roundup 26/08/2012



Saturday 8 December 2012

Ian Rankin; Atticus; and The Hoffster

OMG...who's the old fellow getting Perry Mason's Xmas book inscribed by Ian Rankin at Inverness..looks like  a much older version of  The Hoffster!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for your book. I bought it last week and have enjoyed being transported back to heady Oxgangs days. I was Rosalind Brown, also called Linda, and we lived in Oxgangs Bank from 1956 until 1968. My dad was a teacher at Portobello Secondary School but he suffered a heart attack and was taken from us far too soon at the age of 44. I remember all the shops at the Broadway, particularly Ewart's and the Orr family, still so fondly remembered in that community. I was a close friend of Kathryn Orr for a few years and I enjoyed the hospitality of her Mum and Dad on many occasions. I played with our next door neighbour, Janis Lashmore and we went to ballet class together, although she was much more balletic than I! Angela Constable, who lived at 10 Oxgangs Avenue, was a good friend too. My two sisters and I all married at St John's and I was sad to see the state it was in as I drove past last week...spurred on by your book to have another look! I hope more people will add to your blog. Thanks again for all the memories!