Comments

'And finally, not everyone’s being doing topical. In fact, here’s the rather lovely 6 Oxgangs Avenue devoted to the history of the development of the area, this week highlighting how the block of flats came into being. Could have been prompted by Who do you think you are? Or just a timely reminder that not everything worth blogging about is in the here and now.'

Kate Higgins, Scottish Roundup 26/08/2012



Sunday 30 December 2012

Recent Comments

I always remember the summer holidays being sunny and warm although I am sure that cannot be true it's obviously the rose tinted glasses. Like you I remember disappearing for the day with your parents having no idea where you were or how to get hold of you and we would then reappear at tea time Ruth Kaye (Blades)

Very true Ruth-remarkable looking back compared to our own children and I suppose, on balance, the wonderful invention of mobiles! Peter Hoffmann

1 comment:

Neil Black said...

Peter.

So gutted that The Stair is coming to an end it seems. I have been following and reading avidly since spotting the blog in the summer. Being slightly younger than yourself and staying just outside Oxgangs - in Swan Spring Avenue - I can relate to a lot of your tales, and those I can't serve to educate and enlighten me to how things were only a few years before me. I've loved the nostalgia as well as the education that your blog has given.
Maybe you'd consider keeping it going? Maybe a weekly rather than daily entry?
Failing that I hope that you would consider having it published as it is? You have a great way with words and a vast memory too. I know it would be a success!
If this is truely the final entry to your journal then may I take tyhis oppertunity to thank you for your efforts and entertaining read these past few months.
Best wishes,

Neil Black